- Shore excursion to discover Kauai's spectacular natural beauty
- Enjoy breathtaking views up Waimea Canyon, the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific"
- Hear some Kauai history as you drive past Old Koloa Town and Waimea
- Watch Spouting Horn spew water up to 50 feet in the air
- Cruise down Wailua River to see Opaekaa Falls and Fern Grotto
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Hike up to the Waimea Canyon Lookout for breathtaking views of this natural geologic wonder. Formed by the movement of water through the island’s red lava rock over thousands of years, the jagged mouth of the canyon stretches 1 mile (1.6 km) wide and more than 3,600 feet (1,097 meters) deep. Stop at several vista points along the way to admire different views of the magnificent red canyon.
Back in the comfortable coach, take a driving tour of Kauai’s southern coast. See the town of Waimea, where British explorer Captain Cook first made contact with Hawaii in 1778, and the site of historic sugarcane plantations at Old Koloa Town. Visit the Spouting Horn blowhole to watch ocean water spray up as high as 50 feet (15 meters) through a natural opening in a lava shelf.
Finally, enjoy a leisurely cruise down the scenic Wailua River as you soak up the lush tropical scenery and admire passing views of Opaekaa and Wailua Falls. At the end of your cruise, take a guided tour of the picturesque tropical gardens and cave at the Fern Grotto before being transported back to your ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Nawiliwili Harbor for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This shore excursion can only be booked by Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America passengers
- Departs pier at 2:30 pm and returns at 6:00 pm to pier will visit the Wailua River & Fern Grotto.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travellers
- OPERATED BY Roberts Hawaii
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.