Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Paddle down Kauai's only navigable river and weave through the verdant greenery
- Hike through the dense forest and arrive at a secluded waterfall
- Swim in the cool, pristine waters at the base of the waterfall
- The early Polynesian culture is represented here, steeped in a colorful past, rich with rock-wall terracing, legends and lore.
Departure & Return
*Wailua River Marina - Kayak Kauai Store (MEET AT THE BUILDING - NOT LAUNCH AREA) Please check-in 15 minutes early NO TRANSPORATION
What To Expect
After about 45 minutes of paddling, disembark on the riverbank for a 1-mile (1.6-km) guided nature hike through the tropical forest. You’ll reach a waterfall where a 200-foot (60-meter) cascade empties into a natural pool below. Cool off with a refreshing dip in the clear waters, and soak up the lush island scenery. Enjoy a provided picnic lunch in the midst of these peaceful surroundings.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- WHAT TO BRING: Sun Protection, Light Shirt, Bathing Suit, Towel and a Change of clothes
- Footwear for a trail that can be muddy and trekking through water (aqua socks or tennis shoes)
- Place your lunch choice: (turkey, salami, roast beef, ham or veggie). Vegan and/or gluten free requests can be accommodated. Please be sure to notate if you require a vegan or gluten free meal.
- Not recommended for ages 70 and older unless in good physical shape. The Guide determines if the guest is capable and safe. We can refuse the right allow guest to do the hiking portion of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- OPERATED BY DBA: Kayak Kauai
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms