- Combine a zipline course and white-water rafting on this outdoor adventure
- Zoom through the rain forest canopy at speeds of up to 40 mph (70 kph)
- Ride one zipline that's more than 3,200 feet (980 meters) long
- Challenge the Class II and III rapids of the Balsa River
- Includes typical Costa Rican lunch served at a traditional country estate
- All rafting gear and round-trip hotel transport is covered
- Perfect day of adrenaline and outdoor fun
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Strap into your harness and don a helmet as your instructors explain the basics of controlling your speed on the park’s ziplines. Then prepare for fun (and perhaps some adrenaline too) as you fly at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour (70 kilometers per hour) amidst the rain forest treetops like a jungle bird, taking advantage of seven of the zipline course’s best rides. One ride requires a climb up a 54-foot (18-meter) high tower followed by 360-foot (120-meter) ride over a scenic canyon. Another zipline features more than 3,200 feet (980 meters) of cable above La Fortuna Waterfall, making it the longest in the entire park.
After your zipline adventure, hop aboard the trip’s 4x4 jeep and enjoy an included fruit snack as you head to the Balsa River. When you arrive at the white-water rafting spot, put on your gear and get an introduction to safe paddling and rafting commands from your guides. Then climb into your raft and prepare to get wet along the Class II and III rapids of this fast-moving waterway. You might even scout sloths, toucans, and monkeys in the surrounding jungle, and have time to spare for a refreshing swim.
When the rafting trip is done, head to the day’s included lunch spot, where you dig into a typical Costa Rican-style meal served at a traditional country estate. Following lunch, receive a ride back to your hotel in La Fortuna, to be dropped off in the late afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- Tour requires 1 adult minimum to book
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
- OPERATED BY Wave Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Considering everything that is included in this tour (ziplining, rafting, lunch, and great cultural surprises) it is a great value for your time and money!" See review
- "Not to mention an authentic, organic, home cooked meal on a farm to end your day." See review
- "I have a fear of heights so I was pretty nervous but the instructor was completely understanding and helped me get over my fear." See review