- Full-day Caño Negro Wildlife Reserve tour from La Fortuna
- See a scenic reserve by boat, or opt for a canoe or kayak
- Watch for wildlife in a natural environment
- Eat a Costa Rican lunch by the river
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup and drop-off at La Fortuna downtown hotels
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Upon arrival in Los Chiles, transfer to a motorboat to explore the wetlands, which are fed by the Río Frío. Keep your eyes on the water throughout the tour, as caimans, fish, and even freshwater sharks can be spotted in the river. Or, if you'd like, you can opt for a canoe or kayak to explore; contact the supplier after booking.
White-faced monkeys, howler monkeys, and spider monkeys forage in the treetops, and the reserve is also an important stop for thousands of migratory birds that spend the winter in Caño Negro’s warm, shallow waters. Pause along the river for a lunch of authentic Costa Rican cuisine, then head back to Los Chiles, watching for wildlife along the way. This tour concludes with return transfer to La Fortuna, and drop-off at your hotel in mid-afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- OPERATED BY Jacamar Naturalist Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff