Explore our promoted experiences
- Hike through the cloud forest at Juan Castro Blanco National Park en route to the Pozo Verde Lagoon
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rica’s pristine wilderness as you trek through a primary growth forest known for its biodiversity
- Hike led by guide with extensive knowledge about local wildlife
- Typical Costa Rican lunch and cloud forest coffee included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off via air-conditioned minivan included
Departure & Return
If your hotel it not on our list feel free to contact us and check.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Lace up your boots and begin your hike to the Pozo Verde Lagoon, located inside the crater of a dormant volcano. Walk through the cloud forest at a comfortable pace determined by your group along a 3-mile (5-km) trail, winding past ancient trees, lines of leaf cutter ants, and freshwater streams in a primary growth forest. Keep your eyes peeled for sightings of wild animals in their natural habitat, such as the brightly colored Resplendent Quetzal common to the area.
At the end of the hike, refuel with a typical Costa Rican lunch and cloud forest coffee before your guide brings you back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
- OPERATED BY Ecoterra Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms