Explore our promoted experiences
- Splash and bump along through Class III and IV rapids in the rainforest
- Dig into a hearty Costa Rican lunch at a rustic local restaurant after rafting
- Safety briefing, gear and instruction provided by first aid–certified professional guides
- Snacks, lunch and round-trip transport from most La Fortuna hotels included
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Our office in the center of La Fortuna 1 km south of the Central Park.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Test your mettle as you navigate through 30 Class III and IV rapids with names like the Terminator, the Pipeline and Dos Locos. Your guide will offer tips and techniques to help you triumph through the churning chutes. A professional photographer follows in a separate raft to capture all the action on film so you can focus on paddling. You can purchase photos at the end of the tour.
Midway through the 6-mile (10-km) descent, take a riverside break and recharge with a snack of tropical fruit. You may have a chance to swim in calmer waters or even splash into the river off of a cliff. Hop back in the raft to continue the white-knuckle adventure for another several miles.
Celebrate your triumph over the Sarapiquí with a savory lunch at a local restaurant. Shower and change into dry clothes before the return drive to La Fortuna.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Not recommended for people over 65
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travellers
- OPERATED BY Desafio Adventure Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms