- 6-hour white water rafting tour from La Fortuna
- Get your adrenaline pumping white water rafting down the Balsa River
- Practice your rafting skills on Class II and III rapids
- Enjoy magnificent views of the river, rainforest, and exotic wildlife
- Tuck into a delicious Costa Rican lunch at a country restaurant
- No experience necessary: full instruction provided
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, lunch, and round-trip transport
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
On arrival, get suited up for your white water rafting excursion and listen as your instructor explains the basic paddling and steering techniques, as well as important safety rules. Then, jump aboard the raft and set out on a thrilling 2-hour rafting ride. As you paddle downstream, enjoy stunning views of the surrounding rainforest, keeping a look out for monkeys, sloths and toucans along the riverbanks, and get your adrenaline pumping as you paddle over Class II and III rapids, including the ‘Magnetic Rock’ and the ‘Dredges’. Cold drinks and fresh fruits will keep you energized along the way, and you can also take the opportunity to cool off with a swim in the river.
After returning to land and drying off, re-fuel with a typical Costa Rican lunch (lunch) at a traditional country estate, before setting out on the return journey.
Your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel between 4pm and 4.30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and must be a minimum of 8 years old to take this tour
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet. Flip-flops are not allowed
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose
- Tour requires 1 adult minimum to book
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travellers
- OPERATED BY Wave Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The transportation was good, tour was friendly and equipment was good as well." See review