11 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
A visit to Cradle Mountain is a must-do when visiting Launceston. Part of the Tasmanian Wilderness Heritage Area and considered one of Tasmania’s most iconic landmarks, Cradle Mountain offers excellent hiking opportunities in a spectacular natural setting. Your guide tailors your tour to your interests, with the option to take an easier walk to Dove Lake, or a more challenging hike up the mountain. Enjoy informative commentary, sweeping views, wildlife sightings of wombats and wallabies, and stops in Sheffield and at the Ashgrove Cheese Factory en route.
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park & World Heritage Area (4-5 hours)
- Enjoy some short introductory walks and interpretation to the area
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area.
- Taste a variety of local cheeses or reward yourself with a local ice-cream at Ashgrove Cheese
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
National Park entrance fees
Professionally guided and interpreted walks
Free tastings at Ashgrove Cheese
We offer a Hotel pick up from most central city Hotels and Hostels
• Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase on tour)
• We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
• Hotel pick ups are scheduled between 7.00am - 7.25am from select hotels and hostels in the central city area (tour departs Launceston at 7.30am)
• Hotel pick ups need to be arranged directly with the tour operator prior to your departure
• If pick up has not been arranged, our general pick up point is as follows: 7.15am from Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston, 28 Cameron Street, Launceston
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- This is an active tour with walking involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We reserve the right to vary any trip in the event of bad weather or road closure and will incur no liability for any such alteration.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travellers
- OPERATED BY Tours Tasmania
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cradle Mountain Active Day Trip from Launceston?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitisation during Cradle Mountain Active Day Trip from Launceston?
A:The policies on sanitisation are:
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cradle Mountain Active Day Trip from Launceston?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Cradle Mountain Active Day Trip from Launceston
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingLauncestonBus Tours - TasmaniaNature and Wildlife - TasmaniaWalking Tours - TasmaniaFull-day Tours - TasmaniaCategory
Grindelwald Swiss Village Tours & TicketsTamar Island Wetlands Tours & TicketsLow Head Pilot Station Maritime Museum Tours & TicketsBeaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre Tours & TicketsGeorge Town Watch House Tours & TicketsEvandale Tours & TicketsQueen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery (QVMAG) Tours & TicketsWoolmers Estate Tours & TicketsFranklin House Tours & TicketsPlatypus House Tours & TicketsLaunceston City Park Tours & TicketsBay of Fires Tours & TicketsClarendon House Tours & TicketsSeahorse World Tours & TicketsNational Automobile Museum of Tasmania Tours & TicketsBrickendon Tours & TicketsDesign Tasmania Tours & Tickets