Explore our promoted experiences
- Learn to surf during a beginner lesson on Maui's South Shore
- Take a lesson in a 20-acre (8-hectare) marine park with waves to suit all skill levels
- Get an introduction to surfing safety and technique before hitting the water
- Follow the instructor into the waves to test your new knowledge
- Test skills like catching a wave, standing up, and riding the wave toward shore
- Discover the philosophies behind the art of surfing
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Departure & Return
IMPORTANT: STUDENTS MUST CALL OR TEXT THE DAY BEFORE TO RECONFIRM WEATHER AND START TIME - Lesson start times may change Check in 15 minutes before start time at Kalama Beach Park at our Surf Club Maui van 1900 South Kihei Road, Kihei Hawaii call or text 1-808-283-7913
What To Expect
Spend the next two hours out in the water with your instructor, offering a chance to get the hang of catching a wave, standing up, and riding the wave toward shore. You’ll also learn more about the philosophy behind the surfing mindset, discovering the unique combination of focus and skill required to excel in the ever-changing conditions of the Pacific.
When you finish your two-hour session, head back to shore, where you can celebrate your success during a quick rundown with your instructor. Those who are looking to continue the fun can make plans to take an intermediate or advanced lesson.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- Students must be able to Swim
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travellers
- OPERATED BY Action Sports Maui
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands