- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from most hotels
- View the volcanic crater from the Haleakala Visitor Center
- Avoid the sunrise crowds on Haleakala by visiting for sunset instead
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After a stop at the Haleakala Park Visitor Center at about 7,000 feet (2,134m), make the final, winding, push towards the volcano’s magnificent summit. The crater overlook is just below the summit at 9,740 feet (2,969m), and there’s a good chance you’ll be one of the only people there. Gaze upon the colorful crater with its smooth, lunar cinder cones, and peer across the orange horizon to the peaks of the Big Island in the distance. After staying to watch the stars twinkle high above the volcano, you will begin your descent the mountain with the evening concluding with a convenient drop-off right back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please contact the tour provider at minimum of 7 days prior to the tour date for ADA and all special requests.
- Haleakala is known for rapidly changing weather conditions and dense clouds and rain are common. As a result, clear viewing of the sunrise is not guaranteed, and the tour operates rain or shine. Refunds will be granted only when the tour is cancelled for safety reasons.
- The high altitude at the summit area may complicate health conditions and breathing difficulties. Elderly visitors, pregnant women, young children, and those with respiratory or heart conditions should consult their doctor prior to touring. Walk slowly and drink water to avoid dehydration. If you have gone scuba diving, you should wait at least 24 hours before going on this tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travellers
- OPERATED BY Polynesian Adventure Tours
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons