- Watch the sunrise from Haleakala Crater
- Ride a bike down a dormant volcano
- Explore the towns of Makawao and Kula
- Receive instruction from a professional guide
- All transport, safety, and bike gear provided
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Guests will need to arrange their own transportation to meet at our Office/Baseyard... Mountain Riders 886 Halimaile Rd., Makawao HI 96768 Return point: Returns to original departure point (times will vary depending on the season).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Weight restrictions apply; maximum weight is 280 lbs
- Minimum height required is 5 feet
- Age restriction; riders must be over the age of 12 years.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- OPERATED BY Mountain Riders LLC
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Bring warm clothing (actual winter stuff) because this tour gets you up there early enough so you can get a good spot to view the sunrise." See review
- "It was freezing and uncomfortable at times so bring many layers, warm scarf and a warm hat." See review
- "Really worth the early wake up to get there and get the great viewing point" See review