Explore our promoted experiences
- Horseback riding tour through Mendes Ranch on Maui
- Follow your Hawaiian cowboy guide past taro patches, plantations, and scenic trails
- View spectacular sights of the Pacific Ocean and Hawaiian countryside
- Suitable for riders of all levels
Departure & Return
Please wait in parking lot when arriving and a guide will come to retrieve you for check in
What To Expect
Canter across rolling green pastures and down towards Waihee Valley, where you ride along the wave-battered coast with the Pacific Ocean as your backdrop and see panoramic vistas of the valley. Snap photos of the central valley and get photos of you up in the saddle. Then, gradually ascend your way up the mountain, passing taro patches and plantation homes, on the return trip back to Mendes Ranch corral.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- There is a maximum weight limit of 250 pounds per person on this horseback riding tour. **Due to the safety of our horses and riders you WILL be weighed at check in**
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Please include your weight and riding ability (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced) in the Special Requirements box at checkout
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We reserve the right to deny any rider over the weight limit of 250 ibs at check in. If found max weight limit has been exceeded the day of tour it'll be NON-REFUNDABLE
- Most travellers can participate
- Closed toed Shoes are Required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
- OPERATED BY Mendes Ranch
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "They have clean restrooms for their customers use as well." See review