Explore our promoted experiences
- Learn to surf during a private lesson for two near Lahaina
- Perfect your surfing skills in Hawaii, one of the world's most famous spots to catch a wave
- Skip the impersonal group lesson and get hands on surfing instruction
- Get personalized instruction in water safety, paddling technique, standing up and catching waves
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- Great option for beginner and intermediate surfers looking to improve their skills
Departure & Return
Mile Marker 19 off Highway 30 (Honopi'ilani Highway), two miles south of Lahaina at a surf spot known to locals as 'Guardrails.' Note: GPS locations do not work with the mile markers on Highway 30 (Honopi'i'ani Hwy), where the beach is located. Directions: From Lahaina/Kaanapali/Kapalua resort areas: Drive two miles south of Lahaina on Highway 30 Honoapiiliani Highway. Look for Puamana Beach Park on the ocean side. The meeting location is called 'Guardrails,' which is located 500 yards past Puamana Beach Park, on the ocean side, exactly across from mile marker 19 off of Highway 30 Honoapiiliani Highway. There is a little gravel parking lot to park. The instructor will be at this location 10 minutes prior to the start time of the surf lesson. Check in 10 minutes early at 'Guardrails' surf spot, Mile Marker 19, Highway 30 (Honopi’ilani Hwy). This should provide enough time to apply sunscreen and let it sink in before getting in the sun and water. The instructor will be in the parking area 10-minutes before the lesson start time. For example, if the lesson starts at 9:20am, the instructor will be there at 9:10am.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is seven years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travellers
- OPERATED BY Rivers to the Sea LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.