- 75-minute safari tour at Werribee Open Range Zoo, near Melbourne
- Drive up close to some of the zoo's star animals
- Learn about the wildlife from the informative guide
- Stay after the tour to discover more of the zoo at your own pace
What To Expect
Meet your safari guide and board your open-air 4WD vehicle, which has a roof to provide shade. Go behind the scenes during an off-road tour of the zoo that crosses the open plains so that you can see rhinoceros, giraffe, zebra, and antelopes. You'll experience the wildlife of the savanna just 30 minutes from Melbourne's city center.
Before and after your 90-minute safari, you are free to explore the zoo's exhibits on your own.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age of 8 years.
- Zoos Victoria reserves the right to cancel an experience due to an animal welfare issue or weather issue.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
- OPERATED BY Zoos Victoria
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It rained on the day we were there so it was quite chilly - they do have blankets but just be prepared for the weather!" See review