Explore our promoted experiences
- Private full-day Great Ocean Road tour from Melbourne
- Try fresh seafood during lunch in Apollo Bay (own expense)
- Watch the surfers at Bells Beach and stroll through the Australian rain forest
- Customize the itinerary to stay longer at favorite spots
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Melbourne
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Continue along the highway to the Great Ocean Road where you can see long deserted beaches and roaring surf on the coast, and national parks that shelter wildlife. Stop for photo ops at Bells Beach, a favorite among surfers. Then drive to Split Point Lighthouse, where the Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean meet.
Purchase lunch in the small town of Apollo Bay, where the restaurants are known for fresh fish and seafood. Afterward, take an easy walk in a rain forest that has towering arborescent ferns and eucalyptus trees that can be 300 years old.
In the afternoon, arrive at the Twelve Apostles, the hulking rock formations that are one of the highlights of the drive. Walk down the Gibson Steps to access the beach at the foot of the Apostles for another perspective on the natural monuments. You can take a short scenic helicopter flight over the Twelve Apostles (additional cost) if you wish.
Your tour ends with drop-off at you hotel in Melbourne in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 11 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY BILBYTRAVEL
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands