Explore our promoted experiences
- Wine tips and specialist knowledge from your own private wine expert
- Personalized winery tour visits as many or as few wineries as you desire
- Scenic drive through Melbourne to the picturesque Yarra Valley
- Your local, expert driver/guide will help you to customize your day in the Yarra Valley to suit your needs
- Gourmet lunch at Balgownie Estate
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
The Yarra Valley is best known for cool-climate favorites chardonnay and pinot noir, though you can find many other popular varietals including cabernet sauvignon, shiraz and sauvignon blanc. This tour is all for you, so feel free to set the pace for the day. Try to squeeze in as many wineries as you can, or let your guide will choose a few that best match your interests where you can linger over a glass and soak up the fantastic scenery. Your tour includes tasting fees at all the wineries you visit.
When you get hungry, stop for a gourmet lunch at the beautiful Balgownie Estate Restaurant. Enjoy delicious cuisine paired with fresh local produce and a glass of estate wine, plus your choice of tea or coffee. If you’d like to order additional courses or eat at a restaurant you’ve been eager to try, simply let your guide know (extra costs may apply).
Throughout the tour, ask all the questions you like about regional varietals or the winemaking process in general. Most tours include a visit to Domaine Chandon for a glass of sparkling wine.
At the end of your 7.5-hour tour, you'll be dropped off back at the door of your hotel in Melbourne with rich new knowledge of one of Australia's most beloved winemaking regions.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Passengers must prove they are over 18 years for the consumption of alcohol at wineries. Service of alcohol may be refused to persons deemed intoxicated
- Vehicles do not carry child safety seats or have appropriate fixtures to secure seats, therefore Parents or Guardians of children under the age of 12 must sign a wavier of responsibility for the safety of the child whilst on bus
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian lunch is available. You must request vegetarian lunch at time of booking in the "Special Requirements" box
- Cruise port pickup is provided if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Australian Wine Tour Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms