- Full-day tour of Lake Mountain, Steavenson Waterfalls, and the Yarra Valley, from Melbourne
- Travel by minivan with booth seating
- Try tobogganing, take a cross-country ski lesson, or zipline down the mountain (own expense)
- Rent toboggans, snow clothes, cross-country skis, and other equipment at Lake Mountain Resort
- Visit Steavenson Waterfalls, one of the largest falls in Victoria
- Stop in the Yarra Valley to taste handcrafted chocolates
Departure & Return
Our default meeting point for this tour is Old Melbourne Gaol, 377 Russell St, Melbourne (opposite Space Hotel) @ 8:00am.
What To Expect
Your guide will orient you to the layout of the resort, which encompasses 23 miles (37 km) of cross-country ski trails, plus open meadows and toboggan hills. Decide how you’d like to spend your time at Lake Mountain, whether it’s gliding across powder on cross-country skis, sliding on a toboggan, or simply building a snowman. Ski lessons, snow gear, and equipment rentals are available at the resort (own expense).
Purchase a meal at the resort’s on-site café for lunch, and then depart for Steavenson Waterfalls in the early afternoon. Enjoy a guided nature walk to the viewing platform where five different cascades plunge through the forest to the rocky pools below. With a total drop of nearly 400 feet (122 m), Steavenson is one of Victoria's tallest falls.
Continue on to the charming Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery to satisfy your sweet tooth. Explore tables piled high with more than 150 kinds of chocolate and sample house-made cocoa goodies and ice cream. You might be tempted to purchase treats to take home, such as boxed truffles, single-origin bars, and chocolate-covered nuts.
Relax after your adventure on the return drive to Melbourne, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This itinerary is subject to favorable weather conditions. On the day of travel, the tour may operate in the reverse order
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour is not accessible for strollers, prams and walkers.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travellers
- OPERATED BY Wildlife Tours Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms