Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy wine tastings at four distinctive wineries
- Admire the scenery during your drive through the fertile Yarra Valley
- Learn the tasting technique - swirl, sniff, slurp and then taste a variety of styles from sparkling, red, white and sweet wine
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Make your first stop at Greenstone Vineyards, which has unparalleled views of the Estate vineyard and Great Dividing ranges. After your first tasting of the day you will then head to Balgownie Estate, where you’ll spend half an hour at the tasting table, sampling varietals like shiraz and cabernet sauvignon, before moving into the winery restaurant, with views of the vineyards, for lunch and a glass of wine. (If the winery is not serving lunch on the day of the tour, a similar location will be substituted.)
Next up is Yering Farm, where you’ll enjoy your tasting in the cellar door (tasting room) converted from an old hay shed. As you sample wine, take a look at copper winemaking tools used more than a century ago. And your final stop for the day will be at the beautiful Soumah Wines.
Your day trip ends with the drive back to Melbourne, where you’ll be dropped off at your pickup point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult; 1 child to every 2 adults
- Minimum age for this tour is 5 years; prior to boarding, a consent form must be signed by the parent or guardian of any child between the ages of 5 and 10 to confirm the child's age
- Minimum age is to drink alcohol is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available daily, for other special dietary needs please advise at booking
- This tour operates with a maximum of 24 passengers, and the maximum number of people per one booking is 8; it cannot be guaranteed that groups larger than 8 will be accommodated on the same vehicle
- Please note: The exact itinerary, venues and timing are subject to change without notice
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- Due to health and safety regulations Domaine Chandon is closed to touring groups and will not be included in the itinerary. As soon as this changes it will be included.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travellers
- OPERATED BY Australian Wine Tour Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This is a must attend tour if traveling to Melbourne and if you are interested in wine." See review
- "Highly recommended, even for people who do not drink much wine." See review
- "Good day trip to Yarra Valley vineyard region, and this package is highly recommended due visiting to key wineries with delicious lunch included (go for the braised beef)." See review