- Cheese and wine pairing in a Parisian cheese cellar
- Explore a cool cheese cellar beneath street level in the heart of Paris
- Learn about traditional cheese production from an expert cheesemonger
- Marvel at a treasure trove of ripening French and Swiss cheeses, from Gruyère to Beaufort to Etivaz
- Taste several cheeses and pair them with delicate wines
- Small-group tour limited to 10 ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Cheese shop in Paris, 10th arrondissement Address: Paroles de Fromagers 41 rue du Faubourg du Temple 75010 Paris Directions: The closest metro station is Republique - Lines 3 - 5 - 8 - 9 - 11 Dates: From Tuesday to Saturday
What To Expect
Learn about the traditional art of cheesemaking and the importance of the maturing process as you admire the cellar’s supply. Taste several different varieties cut fresh from the block, such as Swiss Gruyère, bôfavre (a hard cheese from Switzerland's Jura Mountains), delicate Camembert, Etivaz (a hard cheese originating in the Alps), and Beaufort (a raw cow’s milk cheese).
Alternate bites of fragrant fromage with sips of fantastic French wines paired for complementary flavors. Also, nibble on fresh baguettes and fruit to complete your gourmet tasting experience. After your tasting tour, emerge back into the streets of Paris as a newly minted wine-and-cheese connoisseur.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The cellar is only accessible by stairs
- It can be cold in the cellar, so warm clothing is recommended
- Hygienic protective suit is provided
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- OPERATED BY Paroles de Fromagers
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you love cheese and wine, then make a point to do this tour." See review