- 1.5-hour self-guided tour of the Gourmet Chocolate Museum in Paris
- Learn about the 4,000-year history of chocolate, from the Aztecs to today
- Browse historical exhibits and watch chocolate-making demonstrations
- All you can eat, tasting included (cup of chocolate at the end if option selected)
- Kids, as choco-maniacs as grown-ups, have a special place in our Museum : an educational booklet with a treasure hunt (with PLAYMOBIL® characters) is free for children. Mini workshops are available on specific days (ask the desk upon arrival)
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Choco-Story, The Gourmet Chocolate Museum (Musée Gourmand du Chocolat), central Paris Address: 28 Boulevard de Bonne Nouvelle, 75010 Paris Directions: The closest metro station is Bonne Nouvelle (lines 8 and 9) Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
Show your ticket and head inside to explore the three floors of exhibits, displays and children’s activities as you wish. Home to more than 1,000 original artifacts teamed with information panels in English, French and Spanish, the museum offers a captivating window into the evolution of chocolate through the ages.
Stroll around the galleries, and trace the 4,000-year-old story of chocolate, from the discovery of the humble cocoa bean as an ingredient by the ancient Olmec peoples of South America. Learn how the Olmecs probably consumed chocolate as a drink from around 1,900 BC, and discover how it became a prized beverage of nobles, and part of the ceremonial rituals of the Aztec and Mayan civilizations, before its use spread via trading routes to Europe and beyond.
Enjoy the displays that illustrate the chocolate-making process through the centuries, and watch interactive demonstrations to see how contemporary chocolate is made enticingly shiny and smooth.
Pause to taste different varieties of chocolate from around the world that have been made on site. Delight in the silkiness of Costa Rican chocolate, experience the melt-in-your-mouth fruitiness of Peruvian chocolate, savor the aromas of cocoa beans from Vanuatu and more. As you indulge, ease your calorie-counting conscience by learning about chocolate’s proven health-giving benefits!
Then, if you’ve upgraded, sit down to a deliciously rich cup of hot chocolate, the perfect finale to your visit. And before leaving, head for the museum shop to browse the array of books, souvenirs and chocolate treats, and perhaps buy some goodies — edible or non-edible — as reminders of your time here.
Your experience then finishes when you exit the museum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- OPERATED BY Choco Story
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons