Explore our promoted experiences
- Hear stories, legends and little-known facts about Père Lachaise Cemetery
- See all of the best known graves including JimMorrison and Chopin.
- Entertaining and informative tour led by exceptionally knowledgeable guide
- Personalized small group and commentary (maximum 25 people)
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Hear about some of the site’s famous artists, musicians and writers that rest here such as Edith Piaf, Molière, Chopin, Proust, Delacroix, Jim Morrison and Oscar Wilde. Wander through the labyrinth of graves and along stony paths to visit tombs accented in eccentricity and distinction.
As you experience the haunting magnificence of the cemetery, you’ll learn tragic histories of lovers like Heloïse and Abelard – united in a single tomb in the 1817 after centuries apart – and forward-thinking women like writers Gertrude Stein and Collette.
Your tour concludes at Porte du Rèpos near the Philippe Auguste metro stop.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note tour runs only in English
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travellers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "If you mobility problems you might twice about doing this on a tour." See review
- "Booking a tour for this was the right thing to do as it's a very big place." See review
- "Is better to go with someone who knows to know and she knows so much The cemetery is huge and if for that we got a tours" See review