- Combined Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour
- Cruise along the Seine River past Paris' riverside monuments
- Behind-the-scenes view of Paris from its ancient canals and locks
- Choice of morning and afternoon tours
- Illuminating commentary from your expert guide
Departure & Return
09.45AM from Port de Solférino/Quai Anatole France. The closest metro is Solférino (line 12) As soon as you exit the metro, join the Orsay museum. When you have the Orsay museum on your back, go downstairs at the level of the Seine, and walk on the left.
02.30PM from Parc de la Villette. The closest metro is Porte de Pantin (line 5) As soon as you exit the metro, walk straight on through the park, past Grande Halle de la Villette, until you get to the canal. The departure will be on the left, opposite the My Boat restaurant.
What To Expect
As you cruise down the gentle currents of the River Seine, admire some of the city’s most iconic monuments including the Louvre Museum, Institute of France, the ancient city center of Ile-Saint-Louis and the legendary Notre Dame Cathedral. Onboard, enjoy live commentary provides interesting background on passing attractions.
Enter the mouth of the narrower Canal Saint Martin to begin a cruise through a historic canal system built under the direction of Napoleon in the early 1800s. Travel through a dimly lit tunnel beneath the French Revolution site Place de la Bastille, emerging onto a romantic watery boulevard. Learn the history behind old, authentic Parisian neighborhoods as you travel through a series of locks and lovely footbridges.
The 2.5-hour tour concludes at either the Musée d'Orsay or the enchanting gardens of the Villette Basin.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travellers
- OPERATED BY Paris Canal
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "very worthwhile trip down the canal and into the river Seine." See review