Explore our promoted experiences
- Palace of Versailles guided tour from Paris
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to beat the queues
- Marvel at Louis XIV's and Marie Antoinette's Royal Apartments
- Discover the spectacular Hall of Mirrors with your guide
- Gain insight into royal life in 17th- and 18th-century France
- Stroll through the statue-filled palace gardens at your leisure
- Upgrade to add a Versailles fountain show (summer only)
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of HOTEL PULLMAN PARIS TOUR EIFFEL - Meeting point 22 Rue Jean Rey with our representative with a Paris City Vision sign
What To Expect
The Palace of Versailles was originally built as a relatively modest hunting retreat for Louis XIII in 1623, but his successor—Louis XIV—expanded it and turned it into the symbol of luxury and extravagance that we know today. The palace we see today was completed in 1710, and remains one of the most famous palaces in Europe.
When you arrive, walk past the queues with your guide thanks to your skip-the-line access. Follow along as your guide walks you through the Royal Apartments where the King and Queen of France, Louis XIV, and Marie Antoinette once spent the majority of their time.
Visit the apartments of the Dauphin and Dauphine—the heirs apparent to the throne. See the various drawing rooms, private studies, and bed chambers where the royal family once lived, and imagine what life might have been like for them in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Continue to one of the most photographed parts of Versailles, the Hall of Mirrors, built in 1678. Look around as your guide explains its most important features. The Hall of Mirrors leads from the Royal Apartments to the Salon de la Guerre and the Salon de la Paix.
At the conclusion of your palace tour, enjoy some free time to explore the gardens at your leisure. Walk through the perfect gardens, studded with statues and sculptures, and admire the incredible fountains. On Saturday nights in the summer, those fountain displays are set to music that dates from the time of Louis XIV’s court for a memorable visual and auditory experience.
After your free time in the Versailles garden, rejoin your guide at the appointed location to climb back into the coach for the return drive to Paris.
Please note: Visits on the first Sunday of every month will be unguided, and you will be provided with an audio guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The Fountains Show is only operating during the Summer
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travellers
- OPERATED BY Paris CityVision
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "if you want to enjoy Versailles look for a longer tour" See review
Reviews by Viator travellers. We perform checks on reviews