- Day trip to Rottnest Island from Perth or Fremantle including return ferry ride
- Up to 1-hour scenic Swan River Cruise past local landmarks and Millionaire’s Row (length depending on option selected) including live commentary by the ferry skipper
- See spectacular iconic locations including Wadjemup Lighthouse and the West End boardwalk
- Spot the island’s famous marsupial, the quokka, and marine life such as dolphins and fur seals
- Enjoy free exploring the island on your bike at your own leisure
- Enjoy lunch at Karma Rottnest (if option selected)
Departure & Return
Ferry departs Barrack Street at 8:45am. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before departure.
Ferry departs B Shed at 9:30am. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before departure.
If you have selected a hotel pick up, please contact Rottnest Express directly to confirm your hotel pick up time.
What To Expect
Known to locals as Rotto, the island is beloved for its tranquil, relaxing environment, due largely to its no-cars-allowed policy. Explore the island independently; You might like to settle on one of the 20 bays and 63 secluded beaches or perhaps visit the iconic Wadjemup or Bathurst Lighthouses. Choose to visit attractions such as Lomas Cottage, Rottenest Island Museum or Pilot Boathouse. You might like to ride to the West End where you can stroll along the boardwalk admiring coastal views and lookout for seals at Cathedral Rocks and keep your eyes peeled for humback whales - late September - November. When you stop for breaks, make sure to keep your eyes open for quokkas, the local marsupials who call the island home.
Your trip ends with the return ferry ride to Fremantle or Perth.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children aged between 4-12 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 4 years old travel free. Child seats and trailers are available
- Bike helmets must be worn while cycling on the island; failure to do so could result in a fine.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 400 travellers
- OPERATED BY Rottnest Express
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Making reservation with Viator is convenient since the ferryservice is crowded." See review
- "If you are planning to complete a round cycling of Rottnest Island, make sure your family are fit for that because you will need to cycle around the up and down hill with a distance of more than 10km." See review
- "Bikes and helmets are handed over as soon as you arrive on the island, so you're good to go straightaway." See review