Explore our promoted experiences
- One-hour tour of the Perth Mint
- View the largest coin ever made — one ton of pure gold
- See exhibits that show more than $25 million worth of gold
- Touch a solid gold bar that is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars
- Watch molten gold being poured
- Find out the value of your weight in gold
What To Expect
Hear about the history of the grand heritage building, which includes heavily secured vaults and the original melting house. View the largest coin ever made; have the chance to handle more than $700,000 worth of gold bullion; and watch molten gold being poured to form a solid gold bar.
See Australia's most dazzling collection of natural nuggets, including Newmont's Normandy Nugget, the second largest gold nugget in existence, which weighs 56.2 pounds (25.5 kilos). You'll also learn about the lives of early gold prospectors who often spent years in the harsh conditions of the Australian outback in search of gold.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Perth Mint is located at 310 Hay Street (cnr Hill Street) in East Perth, a short walk from Perth's city centre and many leading hotels and accommodation houses. You can use the free Central Area Transit (CAT) bus service to visit the Mint. Chose the Red CAT bus (click here for route map) and depart at The Perth Mint stop (Number R06)
- Open Fridays and Saturdays for Tours of The Perth Mint
- Public holidays from 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Closed New Year's Day, 9th January 2022, Good Friday, Anzac Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- An exhibition guide brochure is available in 8 languages (Chinese, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese and Korean)
- Wheelchair access and special restroom facilities. A wheelchair is available for loan, if required.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- OPERATED BY The Perth Mint
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms