Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Hillarys Boat Harbour whale-watching cruise
- Look for wildlife like humpback whales and dolphins on a 2-hour boat ride on the Indian Ocean
- Upgrade to include entrance to the Aquarium of Western Australia
- Enjoy round-trip transport from Perth with driver commentary, if option selected
- Depending on option selected, enjoy free time at Hillarys to check out its many attractions, including eateries, shopping, playground and waterslides
Departure & Return
Free parking is available if self-driving. From Perth CBD head north on Mitchell Freeway then exit left when you reach Hepburn Avenue. Continue to the end and enter the harbour through the main roundabout. Turn left onto Southside Drive and follow the signs to 'ferry terminal'.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
When you arrive at this popular family destination, enjoy its array of family-friendly attractions during free time before your whale-watching cruise departs. There are many ways to keep yourself and your kids entertained, from open-air restaurants to shopping, waterslides, a beach, playground and much more (all food and activities are at your own expense).
Head to the south side of Hillarys in time to catch your whale-spotting tour, which coincides with the annual whale migration along the coast of Western Australia. Set off across the ocean, keeping your eyes peeled for humpback whales and other marine life like dolphins. Your cruise returns to Hillarys in early afternoon, when you are again free to enjoy more of Hillarys independently until return transport to Perth in the early evening (if option selected).
If you select the Aquarium of Western Australia option when booking, head inside this impressive aquarium and marine center to see exhibits that feature coral reef, jellyfish, stingrays, turtles, seadragons, sharks and more.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring a swimsuit and other appropriate swimming needs if you wish to take advantage of Hillarys' additional attractions such as the waterslides or beach (own expense)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travellers
- OPERATED BY Rottnest Fast Ferries
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised