- Full-day tour to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve from Guanacaste
- Explore one of Costa Rica's most biodiverse regions
- Observe dozens of species of frogs, lizards, and snakes
- Walk across the forest canopy on suspended walkways and bridges
- Great way to experience one of Costa Rica's natural highlights in a single day
- Typical Costa Rican breakfast and lunch included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After arriving at the reserve, begin with a visit to one of the world’s largest live butterfly exhibits to learn about the amazing lifecycle of the butterfly and observe many native species fluttering around a natural habitat. Next, explore the cloud forest’s amphibious and scaled residents at an exhibit featuring lizards, geckos, frogs, and more than 30 different types of slithering snakes.
Get a bird’s-eye perspective on the towering trees of Monteverde while traversing 1.9 miles (3 km) of suspended walkways and eight different suspension bridges that criss-cross the forest canopy and hanging gardens below.
Relax on the return bus ride as you descend from the cloud forest back into Costa Rica’s central plains and coastal tropics. Stop for a late lunch of authentic Costa Rican fare on the way back to your hotel, where the tour concludes with drop-off in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Guanacaste Viajes and Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms