Explore our promoted experiences
- Day-long whitewater rafting trip down the Tenorio River from Tamarindo
- Paddle over 22 rapids along 12.4 miles of water with a guide ensuring your safety
- See local wildlife such as howler monkey, iguanas, and tropical birds in their natural habitat
- Fresh fruit and local lunch included; vegetarian option available upon request
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
A beautiful river that rises at Tenorio Volcano at Guanacaste mountain range, it’s pure and white water makes it the best river on Guanacaste area for rafting. You can combine almost 20 kilometers of rapids with magnificent landscapes surrounded by tropical forest.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Upon arrival, complete a thorough safety briefing and don a helmet and life jacket. Grab a paddle and begin your rafting trip, maneuvering over 22 rapids along 12.4 miles (20 kilometers) of water. Pause to enjoy a fresh fruit snack and view the local wildlife, such as iguanas, tropical birds, and howler monkeys.
Finish your journey with a final drop down the 12-foot Cascabel Falls, before heading back to the 4x4. Change into dry clothes and enjoy lunch before heading back to your hotel in Tamarindo in time to catch the sunset.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum 2 passengers. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travellers
- OPERATED BY Pininos Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands