- Full-day Nicaragua tour from the Guanacaste region
- Easy way to add Nicaragua to a Costa Rica trip
- Visit the colonial-era city of Granada
- Horse-drawn carriage tour of the historic center
- Try Nicaraguan cuisine
- See the active Masaya Volcano
- Pickup and drop-off at select hotels
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Trade your vehicle for a horse-drawn carriage tour of Granada’s distinctive architecture, from the yellow-and-white cathedral to the Plaza de España, where you’ll have great views of Lake Nicaragua. Pause for lunch in a restaurant with a view of the city, refueling for an afternoon of exploring the area near Masaya Volcano National Park.
Watch for the fluid basaltic lava that sometimes appears on Nicaragua’s most active volcano, then visit a market in Masaya town, where vendors bring locally-crafted pottery (it's makes a great souvenir of Nicaragua). Following your time in Masaya, begin the return trip to Costa Rica, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- OPERATED BY Jacamar Naturalist Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff