- River safari in Palo Verde National Park
- Watch for native Costa Rican wildlife on a cruise down the Tempisque River
- See beautiful birds species like scarlet macaws, white ibis, and tiger herons
- Savor a delicious homemade lunch
- Meet local artisans in the town of Bolson
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included from Tamarindo or Papagayo
- Great way to experience Costa Rican nature, culture, and cuisine in a single day
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Climb aboard a covered boat for a leisurely cruise down the Tempisque River. Learn about the surrounding wetlands ecosystem from a guide, and keep an eye out for some of its most noteworthy habitants, including monkeys crouching in the trees and crocodiles and iguanas sunning on the riverbanks. Birdwatchers will have plenty to look for, as scarlet macaws, tiger herons, white ibis, osprey, jabiru, and other species are known to inhabit the area.
After the river safari, travel to the nearby town of Bolson for a delicious homemade lunch. For a dose of local culture, meet resident artists who are keeping the area’s renowned pottery and handicraft traditions alive. Watch a demonstration of the creative process before the return transfer to your hotel in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- OPERATED BY Jacamar Naturalist Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms