Explore our promoted experiences
- Round-trip family adventure combo from La Fortuna
- Beverages, snacks, and lunch included
- Raft, life vest and helmet provided
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After guides provide a tropical fruit snack, continue your outdoor adventure with a white-water rafting excursion. Jump into a vehicle that takes you to the Rio Balsa (Balsa River) for an action-packed ride down Class II–III rapids. Guides teach you basic moves, commands, and safety procedures and instruct you on how to paddle.
It’s a thrilling ride past dense foliage of the rainforest; watch for monkeys, sloths, and toucans while you raft. Stop for a swim, tropical fruits, and cold drinks during a break from the action. Help load the gear onto the bus and depart for a typical lunch served at a traditional estate. Savor Costa Rica’s tranquil country life before return transport to your hotel in the afternoon.
Professional photos are available for purchase.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum Age 16 for SGL Rider/Own ATV -- must show valid driver's license
- Minimum Age 8 for DBL Rider/Shared ATV
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- Pack a backpack with change of clothing and toiletry articles.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
- OPERATED BY Wave Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff