Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 6-hour tubing trip on the Balsa River
- Ride through Class I and Class II rapids
- Watch for wildlife in their natural environment
- Visit a country estate for an included lunch
- Pickup and drop-off in La Fortuna hotels
- Ideal choice for families
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
When you arrive at the launch point, go over the basics of tubing, river safety, and commands with the river guides and “safety kayakers” who will accompany you. After the briefing, hit the river, riding through a series of easy-going rapids, rolling over “wave trains,” and splashing through holes. Watch for the monkeys, sloths, and toucans that thrive at the edge of the river, and pause partway down for a swim, cool drinks, and fresh fruits.
At the end of your time on the river, dry off for the trip to an area estate, where you can finish the day with a leisurely, country-style lunch. This 6-hour river tubing trip concludes with drop-off at your La Fortuna hotel between 4pm and 4:30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Minimum age to take this tour is 12, and children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- There is a significant amount of paddling and maneuvering involved in this trip. Its recommended for confidant swimmers with previous whitewater experience.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet. No flipflops allowed
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river or on the bus, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose and remember to take all your items with you when the tour is concluded
- There is a 2 person minimum to book
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travellers
- OPERATED BY Wave Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff