- Full-day canyoning and white water rafting tour from La Fortuna
- Enjoy rappelling, climbing, and zip-lining through a spectacular natural canyon
- Get your adrenaline pumping white water rafting down the Balsa River
- Practice your rafting skills on Class II and III rapids
- Tuck into a delicious Costa Rican lunch at a country restaurant
- No experience necessary: full instruction provided
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, lunch, and round-trip transport
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Accompanied by experienced guides, enjoy a daring rappel down a waterfall, an exhilarating climb up the canyon wall, and a high-speed zip-line ride across the canyon. After a final rappel down to the canyon floor, take a moment to enjoy the spectacular scenery, with the majestic Arenal Volcano looming in the background, before hiking back through the canyon to your vehicle.
Re-fuel with some tasty tropical fruits, before continuing by 4x4 to the Balsa River for the second part of your adventure. On arrival, get suited up for your white water rafting experience and listen as your instructor explains the basic paddling and steering techniques, as well as important safety rules.
Then, jump aboard the raft and set out on a thrilling 2-hour rafting ride. As you paddle downstream, enjoy stunning views of the surrounding rainforest, keeping a look out for monkeys, sloths and toucans along the riverbanks, and get your adrenaline pumping as you paddle over Class II and III rapids, including the ‘Magnetic Rock’ and the ‘Dredges’. Cold drinks and fresh fruits will keep you energized along the way, and you can also take the opportunity to cool off with a swim in the river.
After returning to land and drying off, tuck into a typical Costa Rican lunch (lunch) at a traditional country estate, before setting out on the return journey.
Your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel between 4pm and 4.30pm.
Please note: appropriate footwear is required for this trip – no flip-flops or shoes that might slip off during the activities. It is also recommended to bring a change of clothing and towel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- Tour requires 1 adult minimum to book
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travellers
- OPERATED BY Wave Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff