- Combo shore excursion from Puntarenas
- Experience the best of the Gulf on Nicoya with a diverse itinerary
- Pass farming villages and sugar plantations on a drive through the Costa Rican countryside
- Explore the rain forest on a hanging bridges tour at a nature reserve
- Shop for souvenirs at a recreated Spanish colonial village
- See wild crocodiles on a cruise down the Tarcoles River
- Stress-free way to make the most of your day at port
Departure & Return
We pick up all passengers at the cruise ship terminal in Puntarenas or Puerto Caldera
What To Expect
Head next to Santa Lucia, a replica of a Spanish colonial settlement nestled against a river and the rain forest. Enjoy free time here to shop for local goods like gourmet coffee and small painted oxcarts. Refresh with a snack of fresh fruit and iced tea here before continuing on to the Tarcoles River.
Hop aboard a river boat for a cruise down the waterway famous for its population of large American crocodiles. Keep an eye out for the jaw-snapping crocs and soak up scenic views along the northern border of the Carara Biological Reserve.
After the boat tour, you’ll have a chance to pick up more souvenirs at the El Jardin store and restaurant and get a glimpse into coastal culture with a short sightseeing tour of Puntarenas city. Your tour concludes with drop-off back at the cruise pier.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travellers
- OPERATED BY Greenway Nature Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms