4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Go rafting on the intense ‘Chorro’ section of the Naranjo River in this half-day whitewater rafting tour from Manuel Antonio or Quepos. Experience the thrills of class IV and V rapids as your guide leads you down technical routes with steep drops, narrow canyons, and cascading waterfalls. Suitable for participants in strong physical condition, this rafting tour spends about 1.5 hours on the water, and includes breakfast and lunch.
- Rafting instruction, safety gear, and live commentary provided
- Suitable for active people with a high level of fitness
- Includes breakfast, lunch, and hotel pickup and drop-off
- Photos available for purchase
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Use of helmet
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Transportation outside Manuel Antonio and Quepos area
Departure & Return
Km 2 cable hacia Manuel Antonio, Provincia de Puntarenas, Quepos, 60601, Costa Rica
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Recommended for guests in good physical condition
- What to Bring: swimsuit, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen, bug spray, water shoes, tennis shoes or sandals with ankle straps. No flip flops.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required for the 11:30AM tour.
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Largest lifejacket fits a size 52" chest
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travellers
- OPERATED BY Amigos del Rio
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Chorro Whitewater Rafting?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitisation during Chorro Whitewater Rafting?
A:The policies on sanitisation are:
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
What is the social distancing policy during Chorro Whitewater Rafting?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Chorro Whitewater Rafting?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Chorro Whitewater Rafting
4 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsExtremePorts of Call ToursRaftingWhite Water Rafting Water SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingQueposShore Excursions - Central PacificExtreme - Central PacificPorts of Call Tours - Central PacificRafting - Central PacificWhite Water Rafting - Central PacificShore Excursions - JacoExtreme - JacoPorts of Call Tours - JacoRafting - JacoWhite Water Rafting - JacoShore Excursions - San JoseExtreme - San JosePorts of Call Tours - San JoseRafting - San JoseWhite Water Rafting - San JoseCategory