7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Equal parts natural wonder and cultural landmark, Lake Chicabal is a top attraction for Quetzaltenango (Xela) area visitors. Hiking with a guide is not only the safest way to visit the crater lake—also a Mam Mayan ceremonial site—but also makes for the easiest transportation logistics straight from your Xela hotel.
- Lake Chicabal hiking tour from Quetzaltenango (Xela)
- Guide leads you past Mayan altars and down twisting trails
- Easiest and safest way to visit the popular Xela day trip destination
- Pickup and drop-off from Xela included—no need to bus to the trailhead
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Round-trip shared transfer
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum number of 2 persons applies. If you book for yourself, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- OPERATED BY Adrenalina Tours
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitisation during Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon?
A:The policies on sanitisation are:
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
What is the social distancing policy during Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Trek to Chicabal Volcano and Lagoon
4 hours 30 minutes