- 2-hour cultural experience at Te Vara Nui Village on Rarotonga's Muri Beach
- Learn about Polynesian culture in the Cook Islands
- Evening tour time
- Experience Cook Island music, medicine, navigation, and history
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Te Vara Nui Village, Muri Beach
What To Expect
Visit the History Hut, where you'll learn about the Polynesian people's legends, navigation techniques, cannibalism, warrior weapons, and other aspects of history. See where the High Chiefs of the tribe meet in the Marae hut, then visit the Witchdoctors Hut to learn about traditional Maori medicine. In the Fishing Hut, learn about the ancestral fishing methods, tools, and talk about pearl farming.
Walk through the botanical gardens to the Costume Hut to see traditional Polynesian costumes and learn about weaving and Tapa-making. In the Caving Hug, see the ancient carving tools and get an opportunity to drum the pate's, the traditional Cook Islands drum. Try some dance steps to accommodate the warriors' drumming. Your last stop is the Conconut Hut, where you can see all the various uses for the utilitarian island fruit, the coconut.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- If you require a hotel transfer, please contact Te Vara Nui before the day of your tour to book your transfer. Additional transfer charges do apply.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travellers
- OPERATED BY Te Vara Nui Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.