- Witness the two sides of Rotterdam, before and after WWII
- See the Cubic Houses, the old town hall and St Lauren’s Church, known as the Great Church of Rotterdam
- Explore Museumpark, home to the Kunsthal museum and Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
- Enjoy a relaxing 75-minute Rotterdam Harbor cruise after your walking tour
Departure & Return
Zadkine statue plein 1940 or when we reveived a hotel name in downtown Rotterdam, at the lobby of your hotel.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your guide in central Rotterdam and discuss your preferred sites, as the exact itinerary of the 2.5- to 3-hour walking tour can be tailored to your interests. Some of the top attractions you should not miss include as follows:
In the borough of Rotterdam Centrum, stop by St Lauren’s Church, a 16th-century church that was heavily damaged in a 1940 bomb attack but has been restored to its former grandeur. Also known as the Great Church of Rotterdam, this is the city’s sole remaining medieval structure. Enjoy a spectacular view of the city from its spire.
Stroll through Museumpark, home to a number of museums including the Chabot Museum, the Natuurhistorisch Museum Rotterdam, the Netherlands Architecture Institute, Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, the Kunsthal museum and Villa Sonneveld.
Check out the Cubic Houses built by renowned architect Piet Blom. Step inside these unique high-density housing cubes, architectural projects of post-war Rotterdam, which are tilted on hexagonal poles.
Visit the Old Harbor (Oude Haven), Rotterdam’s historic harbor that dates back to the 14th century. Now a lively waterfront lined with fine restaurants and cafés, Old Harbor is ideal for an afternoon stroll.
After your walking tour, head to the Port of Rotterdam for your 75-minute cruise. Rest your feet and soak up the city skyline and views of the harbor shipyards, docks and shipping containers, as well as the Rotterdam steamship, the former cruise flagship of the shipping company Holland America Line.
Hear about the port’s history, which transformed Rotterdam into a major harbor city, eventually becoming the largest port in Europe (it was the world’s busiest until 2002 when until Singapore snagged the title, followed by Shanghai). Your tour ends back at the port.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Tour can be operated in English, French, German or Spanish; please advise your preferred tour language at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY HTG Services
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands