- Float past traditional river communities and lush jungle surroundings
- See Belizean wildlife like howler monkeys, iguanas, and birds in their natural habitat
- Ideal for beginning and intermediate kayakers
- Pickup and drop-off from hotels within San Ignacio included
Departure & Return
Ground floor of Elviras Building by Ervas Restaurant
What To Expect
Float past traditional communities that line the riverbanks and through the unspoiled jungle landscape. During calm patches, soak up the beauty of the surroundings and keep an eye out for native wildlife such as black howler monkeys, exotic birds, and iguanas. Then, get your heart rate up as you tackle the thrill of class I rivers rapids — relatively mild white waters that are suitable for beginning and intermediate kayakers. Well-trained guides are on hand to offer assistance and ensure your safety. If you happen to topple over, not to worry; they will help you get back in your kayak and paddling along smoothly again in no time.
After conquering the mighty Mopan, dry off and relax on the ride back to your San Ignacio hotel in the early afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
- OPERATED BY Belize Family Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.