- Explore three levels of the rain forest on a guided tour of Braulio Carrillo National Park in Costa Rica
- Pop into specialty garden exhibits, including a butterfly and hummingbird habitat, reptile terrarium, and orchid garden
- Glide above the treetops on an aerial tram that provides a bird’s eye view of the lush tropical environment
- Wheelchair accessible and geared to please children and adults alike
- Optional upgrade includes local lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off from San Jose
Departure & Return
If you selected the option Tour Only (No transfers), the starting point will be at the Park.
What To Expect
Step into a butterfly and hummingbird garden to see these colorful pollinators feast on tropical flowers while your guide explains their key lifecycle events and traits. Then pop into the orchid garden, which contains salvaged tropical orchids found on the forest floor, before heading to the terrarium to view reptiles and amphibians.
After your walk, climb aboard an open and secure aerial tram that transports you through two stories of the rainforest for a comprehensive perspective on the environment. Throughout the ride, learn about the biodiverse ecosystem from your guide, who will point out native plant species and animal sightings among the hanging gardens and verdant vegetation. Keep your eyes peeled and your cameras ready for possible appearances by tree sloths, spider monkeys, keel-billed toucans, and other tropical inhabitants.
Back on the forest floor, enjoy a typical Costa Rican lunch like rice, beans, chicken, and plantains (optional upon booking), or just relax in the natural environment. Return to your hotel in San Jose with optional transport upgrade or make your own way back to your lodging.
Please note: A minimum of two passengers per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- Pet friendly
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- OPERATED BY Elite Shore Excursions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms