Explore our promoted experiences
- 2-hour snorkeling and walking tour at Manly
- Walk along the headlands with a knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy a 1-hour guided snorkeling tour of Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- Look for blue groper, cuttlefish and elegant wrasse
- All snorkeling equipment and wetsuits provided
- Suitable for beginning and advanced snorkelers, no experience necessary
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 10 people ensures personalized attention
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Shelly Beach, Manly, Sydney Address: Please arrive 20 minutes early to the meeting spot at Shelly Beach, Manly at the car park exit Bower St next to Manly scenic walk information board. Directions: From Manly Wharf - 30min Walk along Manly beachfront to Shelly Beach and up to car park exit Driving - Drive to end of Bower St to Shelly Beach car park. Allow 30mins - 1 hour to find park. Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin with a short and easy nature walk on the headlands. Learn from your guide about Australia's natural environment and native animals, and hear fascinating details about Sydney's Aboriginal heritage and colonial history.
Next up, head to the water's edge to receive the provided snorkeling gear and a safety briefing. Your guide leads you into the calm water from the beach. Look for fish and other critters as they swim through sea grass meadows, rocky reefs and along the sandy bottom. Your guide can assist with any questions throughout your tour. You can start off by snorkeling in shallow water, then go deeper as your confidence grows.
Your guide details the marine life that you might spot underwater, including the most common species: blue groper and cuttlefish. Protected species such as seadragons, black rock cod and elegant wrasse have also been found here, among more than 160 species of fish in the reserve. Some species rarely leave the reserve's waters while others come and go regularly.
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour that is suitable for both new and experienced snorkelers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear closed-toe shoes suitable for walking
- Please bring swimwear, sunscreen, hat and towel
- Please note: wetsuit options are available to use on the day of travel: rash vest, spring wetsuit (short arms and legs) and steamers (full body suit)
- All participants must be able to swim 50 meters freestyle unassisted, float and tread water
- All medical requirements must be declared to our staff once booking is confirmed.
- Please note pregnant participants are not permitted to join the tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Cannot participate if you are pregnant
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- OPERATED BY EcoTreasures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms