Explore our promoted experiences
- Learn to surf at an uncrowded Sydney beach with a fully qualified surf instructor
- Two x two-hour surfing lessons
- Travel along the dunes and beach by 4WD
- Tour departs from centrally located meeting point
- Surfboard and wetsuit supplied
- Includes buffet lunch and refreshments
Departure & Return
Your instructor will text you the evening before / early morning of your trip, to confirm exact transport details.
What To Expect
Your instructor takes you through Royal National Park by four-wheel drive. Zip over the sand to a long empty beach with smaller waves that are great for learning to surf. Start on land with a safety briefing and basic maneuvers before moving onto the water. By the end of the day, most people are able to stand up on their board. The lessons progress steadily, building your skills and confidence in a relaxed fashion.
Bring your swimming gear and a camera on your tour, which includes the use of a wetsuit and surfboard along with lunch and refreshments. After an epic day surf instruction and beach fun, your guide returns you to central Sydney in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Please bring sun protection, towel, swimmers and camera
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
- OPERATED BY Waves Surf School
- If you cancel less than 7 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 7 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons