Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 1-hour cruise on Sydney Harbour for VIVID Sydney
- Take in unobstructed views of the light shows at VIVID Sydney, one of Australia’s favorite annual arts festivals
- Admire mesmerizing light projections displayed on the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
- See some of the 50+ light creations made by artists from around the world
- Stroll along the waterfront after your cruise to see installations from Darling Harbour to The Rocks
Departure & Return
Please check in at our Captain Cook Cruises ticket office opposite King Street Wharf 1, Darling Harbour. The office is located between Bungalow 8 and Beer Deluxe.
What To Expect
Take your choice of indoor or outdoor seating, and enjoy a glass of wine, beer, sparkling water or soda as you set out on the harbor (beverages are available for purchase at the full bar). Your vessel heads for prime spots to see the colorful light displays that are at the heart of the VIVID festival.
VIVID Sydney started in 2009 and has become the largest event of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. Iconic structures light up with colorful projections, with the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Customs House and National Maritime Museum among the most famous Sydney landmarks that are part of VIVID.
When your boat returns to Darling Harbour, you can step off the boat and stroll into one of VIVID’s most colorful districts. Make your own way to your next destination from Darling Harbour.
If you want to see more lights, walk along the waterfront or stop into one of the numerous cafes and restaurants for great views of the festival’s video projections, lasers and fireworks. You can head towards Observatory Park and Circular Quay to catch more color-drenched outdoor sculptures made by artists from all over the world.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is casual
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- Not all vessels are fully wheelchair accessible for this tour. Please contact our friendly reservations team for more information
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travellers
- OPERATED BY Captain Cook Cruises
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- "can recommend this attraction great viewing of the Vivid attractions left on time returned on time .Great vantage from the Harbour" See review