Explore our promoted experiences
- Uncover lush rainforest, waterfalls and archeological sites on this full-day Papeete 4WD safari tour
- Explore the inner-island of Papeete and learn about the fauna and flora of the region
- Informative and friendly guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Explore Mount Marau, a former 19th-century French fortress. Treat yourself to a gorgeous vista of the lush, rainforest-clad Punaruu Valley and snap photos of the island's highest peaks: Orohena, Aorai, Tetufera and Teamaa.
Follow your guide along a 20-minute rainforest walk to reach the other two cascades, Haamaremare Iti and Haamaremare Rahi, and spend time at the final waterfall with a refreshing swim if you’d like. Back in your 4WD vehicle, make the return trip to Papeete where your full-day tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- What to bring: hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, comfortable walking shoes and towel
- Maximum tour size: 6 people
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Maximum Weight per person: 120kg/264.55lbs
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
- OPERATED BY Tahiti Nui Travel
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Good 4WD car well suited for narrow and very steep dirt tracks up and down with a very safety conscious tour guide driver." See review
- "If you are into scenic views inaccessible by regular car, nature and a thrill, this tour is for you!" See review
- "It actually rained the day we were on tour which we thought made it even more exciting!" See review