Explore our promoted experiences
- 9-hour Dino Park, Penjamo River, and hot springs adventure by Rincon de la Vieja from Tamarindo
- Visit Dino Park, and see life-size, moving replicas of dinosaurs
- Hike along the Penjamo River, and stop to swim under a waterfall
- Break for lunch at the Blue River Resort and Hot Springs
- Soak in a natural hot spring or mud bath
- Stroll through a botanical gardens, and enjoy the views of the tropical landscape
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Departure & Return
Pick-up is where you are staying in the Tamarindo area. When we know location, we'll work out and communicate the time and where the car will be waiting.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
The drop-off point assumed to be the same location as pick-up, unless you have communicated otherwise.
What To Expect
At Dino Park, follow your guide along forest paths to see life-size replicas of dinosaurs that move. Then journey through the area along the Penjamo River, and stop to swim underneath a waterfall.
Afterward, go back to the Blue River Resort to break for lunch. The rest of the days activities are in your hands. Pick from a variety of things to do at the resort, including soaking in a natural hot springs or mud bath, walking through a botanical garden, or swimming at a pool with a water slide.
The day ends with a car ride to your Tamarindo hotel around 4pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A waiver of responsibility will need to be signed for the tour to go ahead
- Hiking shoes recommended to wear
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, including dirt stairs and paths
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent, bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket and extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative, if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Blue River Resort & Spa
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands