- Explore waterfalls, a tropical rain forest, and a volcanic crater on a 7-hour excursion from Tamarindo
- Walk across the crater of Miravalles Volcano, the only walkable crater in all of Costa Rica
- Pamper yourself in natural mineral-rich mud baths and geothermal hot springs inside the crater
- Hike past waterfalls and across the rain forest canopy on a series of swinging bridges
- Pack a swimming suit, hiking shoes, sandals, change of clothes, binoculars, camera, sun protection, money, and a hat
- Typical Costa Rican lunch with vegetarian option included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from many regional hotels via air-conditioned vehicle included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Take a stretch break to swim in the pool beneath a waterfall en route to the volcano, before drying off and continuing to the crater of Miravalles, the only walkable crater in Costa Rica. Upon arrival, pamper yourself in nature’s spa with mineral-rich volcanic mud and lounge in geothermal hot springs.
Eat a fresh lunch onsite, and then embark on a moderate hike through a tropical rain forest. Get close to the canopy as you walk across hanging bridges and pass by three waterfalls before returning to your car and transferring back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
- OPERATED BY Pininos Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands