- Evening tour to Playa Grande turtle nesting ground
- Watch turtles nest or baby turtles hatch
- Red light provided help you see the action without disturbing turtles
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
6:00 PM @ Native's Way Tamarindo Office Please contact us if you would like to arrange pick up from a different location
What To Expect
Travel to a protected beach, Playa Grande. Once there, climb out and spend time watching nature take its course: Green Pacific and Olive Ridley turtles laying their eggs. You may even see Leatherback turtles (very rare) or turtle eggs hatching and babies making their way to the sea.
Flash photography and flashlights are prohibited, but your guide will use a special red light that does not disturb the turtles.
At the conclusion of your tour, get dropped off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children age 4 and under
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
- OPERATED BY Native's Way Costa Rica
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms