Explore our promoted experiences
- 2-hour small-group walking tour of Kensington Market and Chinatown
- Learn about these two eclectic neighborhoods from your professional local guide
- Explore unique shops; visit historical sites; and admire stunning graffiti and street art
- Small-group size with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
- Check out locally-owned and operated eateries, shops, and produce markets and make sure you keep a tally of all the places you’re going to want to come back to later (trust us)
- Stop for a coffee or tea in one of the local cafes and sample one of the many international foods available in the neighbourhood at a local shop
Departure & Return
Meet at the SW corner of McCaul St and Dundas St West, beside the Art Gallery of Ontario
Dragon City Shopping Centre (SW corner of Spadina Ave. and Dundas St. West)
What To Expect
Together, Chinatown and Kensington Market are often bustling, friendly places to visit. Each has its own distinctively different reputation for local and international delicacies, unique vendors and specialty shops — like nowhere else in Toronto. Because they are located right next to one another, it provides a perfect opportunity to explore both in a relatively short amount of time.
Kensington Market is a distinctively multicultural neighborhood, evolving from a working-class Jewish market into a working-class bohemian market. With so many different immigrants settling here over the past century, there is now an ample variety of colors, sounds and flavors from all over the world. Witness the vintage shops, cafes, bakeries and bars, plus the plethora of bare brick walls that have been artfully covered with stunning graffiti murals and street art.
One street over is Chinatown, an area that was first developed in the late 19th century. Enjoy learning about the local stories and interesting history of Canada's largest Chinese community and one of the largest Chinatowns in North America. It’s also one of the busiest areas of the city, with shops, restaurants, historic monuments and more extending along Dundas Street West and Spadina Avenue, located to the west of the center of the city.
The tour ends at the Dragon City Shopping Centre.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Summers can be hot and humid, spring/autumn can be cool, and winters downright frigid with snow. Dress according to weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour involves a good amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at the website
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Urban Adventures - Canada
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms