- 3-hour food tour of Toronto’s Hogtown history
- Visit three restaurants to taste different pig-inspired dishes
- Taste a peameal bacon sandwich, Toronto’s signature sandwich
- Stop by a local butcher shop to learn about ethical farming
- Get to know why Toronto’s history and why it’s nicknamed Hogstown
Departure & Return
Outside the Hockey Hall of Fame (NW corner of Yonge St. and Front St.)
King Street West, near Bathurst Street
What To Expect
From the Hockey Hall of Fame, head toward the St. Lawrence Market. There’s a nearby restaurant you’ll go into to try one of Toronto’s signature sandwiches, a peameal bacon sandwich. Listen to the history of this sandwich in the area, and learn why pigs are so important to the city.
Move on to King Street West and Queen Street to visit a butcher shop. Learn about organic and ethical farming as you get a behind-the-scenes look at the butcher shop.
Continue on to two more restaurants. At one, try a classic Canadian dish with a pig-inspired kick. At the second, taste a type of German street food with a bit of American flavor.
Your tour ends at about 5 p.m. at King Street West near Bathurst Street.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress for the weather. You will be taking a streetcar to cover the long distance between stops, but will otherwise, be walking.
- There are no vegetarian or vegan options available and no food substitutions
- Children must be 6 to 11 years old. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- You will be in a small group of maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour visits a local butcher shop that specialises in organic meats from sustainably practicing farms in the region where you will learn about organic and ethical farming.
- All of the meat you sample on this tour is produced in an ethical manner.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Urban Adventures - Toronto
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms