Explore our promoted experiences
- Provence villages and lavender fields half-day tour from Avignon
- Travel through Provence’s beautiful lavender fields, in full bloom during the summer
- View the unique red cliffs of Roussillon
- Visit Gordes, considered one of France’s most beautiful villages
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet your guide outside the Tourist Office of Avignon.
What To Expect
Explore beautiful Rousillon, a hilltop village at the edge of the Luberon mountain range, marked for its brilliant red stone buildings. Learn about the town’s unique mining history as you view the surrounding ochre cliffs, painted in shades of red and yellow. Then continue to Gordes, one of France’s most gorgeous villages. Composed of white stone, this ancient town seems to rise straight from the earth. As you walk the narrow cobblestone streets, take in the scenery that inspired artists such as Pablo Picasso and Peter Mayle, author of A Year in Provence.
Your last stop is Fontaine de Vaucluse, a typical provençal village built at the spring of the Sorgues river.
Your 5-hour tour ends with drop-off at your Avignon hotel by early afternoon or evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands